Gozsdu Weekend Market is a street market - open every weekend of the year, in Gozsdu Courtyard - one of the most interesting and most popular locations of the ‘party district’.
On Saturdays it is the ‘Gozsdu Antique Vintage Market’, on Sundays it is ‘GoArt!’ (art and crafts, design & vintage) and from spring to autumn on Fridays: ‘Ék’ jewellery and home decor market. The market is open from 10am to 5pm on all three days. Address: Gozsdu Courtyard, entry from 13 Király street or 16 Dob street.
The organization that operates Gozsdu Weekend Market is ‘Nagy Budapesti Kultúrzsibi’ (‘Great Budapest Culture Market) that started in 2012 in the middle of Budapest, at Ezsébet square, co-organized by Akvárium Klub. This flea market, that focused on antique, retro and contemporary items became very popular during its first year at Erzsébet square. Due to the reconstruction works on Elizabeth square, the market operated at various different locations and events, such as the Museum Garden, Central Passage, WAMP design market or Oktoberfest. After a year of moving around the organization found another stable location in Gozsdu Courtyard, close to Deák square and Erzsébet square, and had its first market on the 9th of August 2014. The Gozsdu Antique Vintage Market has been operating there every Saturday ever since. In December it becomes an even bigger event: Gozsdu Experience -Festive Courtyard - a Christmas Fair. In August 2016 we started ‘Ék’ (Ékszerdesignland) - a jewellery and home decor market open on every Friday from spring to autumn. In January 2017 we extended our portfolio even further and started GoArt! On Sundays - that focuses on arts and crafts, design and vintage items.
So Gozsdu Weekend Market covers the following markets:
Antique Vintage Market on Saturdays
GoArt! Market on Sundays
Jewellery and home decor on Fridays, from spring to autumn
Christmas and new year market in December.
Great Budapest Cultural Flea Market
- 9 September 2012 - September 2013, Akvárium Klub, Erzsébet square
- February - July 2013, WAMP design market, 1 Váci utca & Erzsébet square
- 29 July 2013, Budapest Book Fair, Erzsébet square
- 15-17 November 2013, Márton Day Hungaricum Festival, Museum Garden
- 11-13 October 2013, Octoberfest, Kopaszigát
- 19 November -30 December 2013, Nationalities’ Christmas, Museum Garden
- 19 January- April 2014, Cultural Flea Market Garage Sale - Osvát street
- April-May 2014, Álomautó Múzeum (Dram Car Museum) Oroszlános Udvar (Lion Yard)
- Budafoki Culture Market
- 8-22 June 2014 Gozsdu Antiqe Vintage Market
- December 2014 Gozsdu Experience Christmas and New Year Market
- 22 February 2015 Kunsthalle, Book Market
- 30 August 2015, Day of Markets, Erzsébet square
- 1 November 2015 - April 2016, Dürer Kert
- December 2015 Gozsdu Experience Christmas and New Year Market
- 5 August - 18 November ÉK (Ékszerdesignland), Gozsdu Courtyard
- 28 August 2016, Day of Markets, Erzsébet square
- December 2016 Gozsdu Experience Christmas and New Year Market
- 1 January - present GoArt! Gozsdu Art MArket and Gozsdu Weekend Market